CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Big Boy Underwear

Potty training has been tough. Our problem has been being consistent. I decided we were going to really buckle down and try harder to be consistent with potty training Ryland after we got back from our trip to Oregon. That was over 3 weeks ago.


Ryland loves wearing "big boy underwear." He actually insists on wearing it most of the time. He won't poop in his "BBU," but peeing he'll pretty much do anywhere anytime. Two weeks ago I started bringing him to daycare in his "BBU." He had 3 accidents the first day, but that's ok, it was expected and I armed daycare with extra "BBUs" and shorts. The next day, no accidents!! He came home with a paper cut-out of a trophy with the words, "I used the potty!" handprinted on it. I was so proud! I told him then that we should use the potty again before having dinner. He looked at me with a "omg mom" look on his face and said, "mommy, I pee-pee in the potty at daycare. I don't pee-pee in the potty at home!" As if it was ridiculous for me to even think he would dare use the potty at home. Great... He had 3 accidents before bedtime and it's been that way every day until... today.

Today is a glorious day!! Today, my son, my Ryland, for the very first time ever, pee-pee in the potty at HOME!! I couldn't contain myself and I started to cry for joy. My little boy is growing up so fast and I know I'm still in store for more accidents, but for today, today is the best day ever. I'm so proud of my boy.


2 comments:

SherE1 said...

Yay, Ryland!! OMG... I got a little teary-eyed for you, girl! That's awesome! Jacob has been showing signs that he's ready to potty train but it's ME that's afraid to start. I am just so intimidated by the fact that he's a BOY and I've never potty trained a boy before! I really do need to start, though...

JaeDeeVee said...

If Jacob is showing signs you need to seize the opportunity. I think if we really tried harder the first time Ryland was showing signs it would have been easier. Now that he's a little older, he can talk his way out of using the potty and he does! Oh and the whole "boy" thing, I know what you mean. Ryland sits, but I had him try standing on a scale in front of the toilet just to raise him up a little higher so he can pee right into the toilet. He's a little unsure because he keeps saying he's gonna fall in, but I think he'll get it soon b/c he's at least trying it. And, yes... I AM showing him how to pee standing up! Ryan's way of showing him is having Ryland just watch him pee standing up. Not so effective apparently...